1. Hope shines brightest when the hour is darkest.
2. Hope motivates when discouragement comes.
3. Hope energizes when the body is tired.
4. Hope believes when the evidence is eliminated.
5. Hope climbs over obstacles when no one is helping.
6. Hope endures hardship when no one is caring.
7. Hope smiles confidently when no one is laughing.
8. Hope reaches for answers when no one is asking.
9. Hope presses toward victory when no one is encouraging.
10. Hope gives us the strength and the courage we need to make the most of life.
Source: http://www.billycoxinternational.com/blog/why-hope/ (Abridged)